As a small non-profit charity looking to make a huge impact in our work, volunteers are an essential part of how we create change in the lives that we serve.
There are many types of roles where we could potentially use your gifts of time and talent!
The Volunteer Process
- Download the Volunteer Application Form & read the Volunteer Positions outlined below.
- Email the completed form to email@example.com
- If necessary, depending on the volunteering you will do and your age, you will need to complete a vulnerable sector check through your local police station, and a reference check will be completed. Peel Police do charge a fee for conducting the vulnerable sector check.
- We will connect to discuss how we can best use you, and to set up your first visit.
- Begin volunteering!
Events are held throughout the year including: Summer Family programs on Wednesday mornings, Fall Golf Tournament and The Care Cupboard Christmas Party.
High school students are invited to help out during Christmas break, March Break, and Summer vacation.
Care Cupboard Maintenance/Office Assistant
Volunteers sort the donated children’s clothing and stock the Care Cupboard. Hanging, folding, and organizing keep the Care Cupboard looking its best!
Some office assistance including scanning, research and data entry.
Donation Drive or Baby Bottle Fundraising Campaign
These are both great ways to support our families! You can hold a diaper drive, collect gently used clothing or toiletries, or run a Baby Bottle Campaign with your church, school, or small group.
The draft of the quarterly newsletter, annual impact report, and other promotional materials are emailed out to volunteers who proof read for spelling and grammar errors. If you have an eye for detail this is a great position to help out from home!
We have cleaners that come in every two weeks, but could sure use help on the off weeks! Run the vacuum, wipe down surfaces – everything is greatly appreciated!
Programs: Child Care *
Volunteers must be comfortable with young children, most are under 3 years old.
October – June Hours: Monday nights 4:30pm – 7:00pm, Wednesday mornings 9 am – 11:30 am (every other week)
July & August Hours: Monday nights 4:30 – 7:00 pm, Wednesdays: July 11, July 25, August 8 and August 22
Location: JFJ Hope Centre
Programs: Cook *
A light dinner is served at the Monday Meet Up Program. Volunteers prepare the food for approximately 8 – 12 individuals and have the option of dropping the food off at the office or staying for a while to help serve and get to know the clients!
Hours: Rotating schedule cooking once a month.
Food prepared and delivered on Monday.
Care Cupboard Appointments *
If you are looking to gain experience working directly with families who use the Care Cupboard you can volunteer to facilitate appointments.
Hours: Contact the office with your interest and availability
Board Member *
If you have skills and knowledge that would make you a great addition to the JFJ Hope Centre Board of Directors, contact us!
* Advanced Positions: These positions require a police check and may include additional training. You will be asked to provide two references before being placed in these positions.