At JFJ Hope Centre, we strengthen families every day. Our important work is on-going, and we need you! Your help makes a difference – whether you donate, attend an event, volunteer – there are many ways to get involved!
- Download the Volunteer Application Form & read the Volunteer Positions outlined below.
- Email the completed form to [email protected]
- If necessary, you will be given police check forms and a reference check will be completed.
- We will connect to discuss how we can best use you, and to set up your first visit.
- Begin volunteering!
Events are held throughout the year including: Teddy Bear Picnic (Summer), Fall Golf Tournament and The Care Cupboard Christmas Party
High school students are invited to attend Volunteer Days hosted during Christmas break, March Break, and Summer vacation.
Care Cupboard Maintenance/Office Assistant
Volunteers sort the donated children’s clothing and stock the Care Cupboard. Hanging, folding, and organizing keep the Care Cupboard looking its best! Some office assistance including scanning, research and data entry.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 10am – 3pm
Running a fundraiser is a great way to support the Centre! You might host a diaper drive, collect gently used winter coats, or run a Baby Bottle Campaign with your church, school, or community group.
The draft of the quarterly newsletter, annual impact report, and other promotional materials are emailed out to volunteers who proof read for spelling and grammar errors. If you have an eye for detail this is a great position to help out from home!
Are you handy? We could use your help in the office! Having a volunteer help us to fix broken doors and change light bulbs rather than hiring a professional means more funds are directed to our programs!
Programs: Child Care *
Volunteers must be comfortable with young children, most are under 3 years old.
Hours: Monday nights 4:30pm – 7:00pm, Wednesday mornings 9 am – 11:30 am (every other week)
Location: JFJ Hope Centre
Programs: Cook *
A light dinner is served at the Monday Meet Up Program. Volunteers prepare the food for approximately 8 – 12 individuals and have the option of dropping the food off at the office or staying for a while to help serve and get to know the clients!
Hours: Rotating schedule cooking once a month.
Food prepared and delivered on Monday.
Care Cupboard Appointments *
If you are looking to gain experience working directly with families who use the Care Cupboard you can volunteer to facilitate appointments.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Board Member *
If you have skills and knowledge that would make you a great addition to the JFJ Hope Centre Board of Directors, contact us!
* Advanced Positions: These positions require a police check and may include additional training. You will be asked to provide two references before being placed in these positions.
Contact us to find out more about completing your co-op placement with JFJ Hope Centre [email protected]
- gently used children's clothing size newborn to 6x
- diapers and wipes
- larger children's items in great condition (stroller, car seat, toys)
- hygiene products (soap, powder, feminine hygiene, dental, etc.)